Opportunity for Senior Ruby and React Software Developer
The project we invite you to join
Tabl, our London based client, is a food marketplace startup.Table’s aim is by using latest technology to build a community of independent producers, hosts and chefs, and home cooks who will bring recipes, stories, craft products and experiences that will make a person fall in love with food all over again. The business is established and fast-growing. That’s why we are searching for new team members to join our engineering team.
The ideal tech profile
To handle and enjoy this role, you must have deep understanding and experience with the following:
- Ruby and React;
- Web & Mobile using React / CSS / JS;
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles;
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
The benefits we know you will enjoy
As being part of a digital cooperative:
- We maintain a structure governed by transparency, in which decisions are taken with solid arguments and the voice of the team;
- We choose whether to work remotely or from the office. Ours is located in the beautiful and spacious Coworking space PUZL, always full of interesting people and events;
- We have implemented an internal profit sharing plan.
- As an organization we are closer to a tech community than a hierarchical corporate structure.
As being part of a tech expert community:
- Solving complex problems as a team is what we love most;
- We live and breathe Agile;
- The Obecto developers pride themselves on excellent practical knowledge of Software Design Patterns, OOP concepts and SOLID principles;
- As tech lovers we stay on top of the latest technological developments and share the knowledge gathered;
- Currently our community is paying special attention to the latest advancement in the realm of blockchain, AI and Deep Learning;
Obecto is a digital cooperative of driven software developers, experienced tech experts, and committed product managers, who have left the outsourcing, corporate structures in order to pursue our true passion – building innovative tech products and creating an impact.
We began as a handful of developers, seeking to find balance between work and personal life, and enjoy both of them. We joined forces to build our digital cooperative, allowing us to do just that. Work on projects we love, be rewarded for our effort and not being stuck in an office all the time.
Today everything in Obecto is driven by the passion to create amazing technology and solve complex problems. Now we extend an invitation for other like-minded, tech-loving developers to join our cooperative and work alongside us.
Deeper look into Obecto: http://www.obecto.com/blog/
The beliefs we share
You already know what a fulfilling life means to you. All that’s left is the means to secure it. Having a place to find work you’ll enjoy while not sacrificing your personal life is a step closer in that direction.
In many organizations, why someone gets promoted, might be more a function of charm, rather than achievements. That’s why we embrace an organizational system based on reason which values knowledge and skill.
We all want to become masters of our craft. But one does rarely get there on their own. Our cooperative members know this and support each other on their road to true engineering mastery.
Monthly income is based on your experience level and tracked hours. In order to objectively determine one’s skill level, an adaptation of the Dreyfus model of skill acquisition is applied. The minimum level required according to the scale is “Competent”, which is the intermediate level. Your experience level determines your hourly rate.
What makes you different from any outsourcing company?
Quite a lot really. We’d like to think of ourselves as the force disrupting the traditional software company. For instance, you wouldn’t be bound to a desk in an office, with a limited choice of work hours and projects to work on. There wouldn’t be a heavy corporate structure to navigate, but rather a fellowship of professionals with a true dedication to their craft willing to support you.
Would I have a secured salary?
We can guarantee a constant flow of projects to work on and when there are not enough client project we utilize your time with internal ones. The remuneration for all members corresponds to the amount of man-hours spent on a project within the cooperative. Plus all bonuses earned, of course.
What if I decide to stop working on a project?
You are not bound to a specific project. Of course, if you decide to move to another project you would have to make everything possible to ease the transition while another team member continues where you left off.
Can I work on my startup?
We encourage you to do so! Our mission is to enable more innovation happening in the world and there is nothing more exciting than seeing our cooperative members starting their own ventures. You will have all our support in that!
Can I work another job in the same time?
Yes, you can. We require our members to be able to spent at least 80 hours a month on cooperative tasks. This allows people working in traditional companies to make a smooth transition – you can keep your current job on half-time, while slowly transiting to the cooperative distributing your minimum 80 hours of work during the course of the month.