Remote work opportunity for
Senior .NET Full Stack Developer
The project we invite you to join
Our client 4hundred is revolutionizing the energy retail market for the mass consumer. Over the past 3 years, through a technology we are developing together they've managed to deliver the lowest cost electricity on the German market. Inspired by Fintech and the success of pure digital offers in other markets, we together are on a mission to provide the best digital customer experience in the energy industry.
You will be part of a team with huge ambitions to disrupt this sector and make 4hundred the defacto standard for the German energy market. 4hundred also has the full support and backing of Octopus Energy, an award-winning UK energy supplier that recently acuired the company.
We are looking for a talented, passionate individual with demonstrable technical capabilities who has an eye for attention to detail. Someone who is obsessive about the code they produce adhering to SOLID engineering principles. You will work in a collaborative agile environment and have excellent verbal communication skills with the confidence to partake in dev calls where you will be expected to contribute to the overall discussion.
Our server-side platform is built around Microsoft and .NET technologies. We use Service Fabric hosted on Azure to drive our microservices architecture and internally use a service bus as the transport layer as well as a distributed transaction coordinator. Our data persistence approach is polyglot and consists of traditional RDB’s alongside reliable storage (a distributed key value pair storage system). On the client-side we use Angular, NgRX and SASS. Experience with Python, Django and AWS will also be useful for some of the integrations we are making.
What you'll do...
- Immerse yourself in the service fabric – how it works and the various microservices
- Deliver clean code
- Be a champion of mocking and unit testing
- Contribute to the architectural decisions
- Mentor and manage less experienced members of the team
- Work within a geographically diverse environment
- Work with non-technical stakeholders within the business to understand and refine complex requirements
- Handling multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
What you'll need to have...
- 5+ years of solid industry experience in .NET/C#
- Commercial experience using Python
- In depth understanding of design patterns, when they are important and how to apply them
- An abundance of self-discipline is an absolute must
- A passion for refactoring (both in terms of code and architecture)
- Past experience and ideas that can help improve our platform and processes
- Experience across a number of technologies
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as part of larger team
- Extensive knowledge and experience of software engineering practices such as CI/CD/TDD, instrumentation and telemetry
What you'll get
The benefits we know you will enjoy
As being part of a digital cooperative:
- We maintain a structure governed by transparency, in which decisions are taken with solid arguments and the voice of the team;
- As an organization we are closer to a tech community than a hierarchical corporate structure.
As being part of a tech expert community:
- Solving complex problems as a team is what we love most;
- The Obecto developers pride themselves on excellent practical knowledge of Software Design Patterns, OOP concepts and SOLID principles;
- As tech lovers we stay on top of the latest technological developments and share the knowledge gathered;
- Currently our community is paying special attention to the latest advancement in the realm of blockchain, AI and Deep Learning;
You will be a part of a dream team
Part of the project since: 2017
Bio: Lyuben has been a professional developer for 6 years. He's been focusing on the .NET platform and creating enterprise applications using Angular framework. Graduated as a philosopher, his passion as a developer is oriented to AI, ML & IoT
Worth mentionig: Leads various courses of .NET and Angular at Plovdiv University “Paisii Hilendarski”
Part of the project since: 2018
Bio: Petromil has been a professional developer for 5 years. He has worked on projects of all sizes. Likes the challenge and doesn't believe in work life balance.
Worth mentionig: Studied at SofiaTechnical University
Part of the project since: 2019
Bio: Adrian has been a professional developer for 5 years. He's been focusing on .NET platform and creating enterprise applications with cutting edge technology
Worth mentionig: Former professional basketball player
Latest Tech News from Obecto
Forbes magazine published an article on the founder of Obecto, Todor Kolev. It is a great piece following how Obecto was born, how it evolved over the years …
"...I started work at the age of 16. And by 21 I was the most experienced person in the company. Then came 2008 – the year of the global financial crisis...
Our founder, Todor Kolev, was invited to the Bloomberg studio to present and discuss Obecto’s new business model and future plans as a digital cooperative...
Obecto is a digital cooperative of driven software developers, experienced tech experts, and committed product managers, who have left the outsourcing, corporate structures in order to pursue our true passion – building innovative tech products and creating an impact.
We began as a handful of developers, seeking to find balance between work and personal life, and enjoy both of them. We joined forces to build our digital cooperative, allowing us to do just that. Work on projects we love, be rewarded for our effort and not being stuck in an office all the time.
Today everything in Obecto is driven by the passion to create amazing technology and solve complex problems. Now we extend an invitation for other like-minded, tech-loving developers to join our cooperative and work alongside us.
Deeper look into Obecto: http://www.obecto.com/blog/
The beliefs we share
You already know what a fulfilling life means to you. All that’s left is the means to secure it. Having a place to find work you’ll enjoy while not sacrificing your personal life is a step closer in that direction.
In many organizations, why someone gets promoted, might be more a function of charm, rather than achievements. That’s why we embrace an organizational system based on reason which values knowledge and skill.
We all want to become masters of our craft. But one does rarely get there on their own. Our cooperative members know this and support each other on their road to true engineering mastery.
Monthly income is based on your experience level and tracked hours. In order to objectively determine one’s skill level, an adaptation of the Dreyfus model of skill acquisition is applied. The minimum level required according to the scale is “Competent”, which is the intermediate level. Your experience level determines your hourly rate.